Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Products, Midcontinent 2014
Awarded to: Katch Kan Ltd.
Oil & Gas Awards Judges Comments
“Product seeking to prevent harmful incidents or mitigate them in real time, rather than monitoring or auditing system that records incidents after the fact.”
“I like the robust nature of the product and the fact that it is committed to protection in a proactive manner rather than reactive.”
Katch Kan Ltd. – Corporate Overview
Katch Kan emerged in 1994 in response to the environmental challenges in the energy sector, its Rig Safety System(RSS™) and Zero Spill System (ZSS™) assist sustainable development by protecting and preserving the land, water and personnel in the oil and gas industry. These innovative systems work together to optimize the health and safety of those involved in upstream oil and gas projects, while minimizing pollution and maximizing operational results. Katch Kan™ systems enable oil and gas exploration to occur in a proactive and eco-efficient manner. By using our systems, Operators and Contractors can turn any drilling or work-over rig into a zero spill environment, and minimize the waste of expensive drilling fluids, resulting in a cleaner, a safer and more productive working environment. Katch Kan builds these systems under ISO 9001 and 14001management systems and operates a full service field operation in Canada under COR guidelines. Katch Kan is a global leader in reducing environmental footprint and operational safety in the oil and gas drilling industry with 90% presence in the Canadian Market and this innovative technology has been adopted in over 60 countries worldwide.
Midcontinent 2014 Winners
- Award for Drilling Excellence - Scientific Drilling
- Award for Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility - Access Midstream
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Operational - FTS International
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Products - Katch Kan Ltd.
- Award for Excellence in Well Completion - Packers Plus
- Company of the Year - Chaparral Energy
- Construction Company of the Year - Willbros
- Consultancy Company of the Year - Cinco Energy Management Group
- Engineering Company of the Year - Spartan Engineering
- Future Industry Leader - Josh Kaylor - Waste Management, Inc.
- General Industry Service Award - Prometheus Energy
- Industry Leader - William F. (Bill) Ward - Superior Pipeline Company
- Industry Supplier of the Year - Well Checked Systems International
- Kenworth Trucks Trucking Company of the Year - Hearn Trucking, LLC
- Manufacturer of the Year - ABB
- Midstream Company of the Year - EnLink Midstream
- New Technology Development of the Year - General/Products - Energy Recovery, Inc.
- Oilfield Services Company of the Year - Halliburton
- The Oil & Gas Financial Journal Transaction of the Year - Breitburn Energy Partners L.P.
- VZ Environmental Award for Excellence in Environmental Stewardship - Scott Environmental Services, Inc.
- Water Management Company of the Year - Rockwater Energy Solutions