Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Operational, Midcontinent 2014
Awarded to: FTS International
Oil & Gas Awards Judges Comments
“The breadth of FTSI’s HSE activity, in the end, elevated them above an extremely competitive group. From their requirement that each employee commit to a personal objective to improve workplace safety, to their institution of anonymous reporting of observed safety problems, the company fosters personal responsibility toward company HSE goals. They also use a “carrot approach” by awarding valuable prizes as a reward for good safety practices. FTSI has developed its own in-house equipment to protect its employees during high-pressure operations. And, they have installed video and analytics in their heavy equipment to improve driving behaviour through real-time driver feedback and coaching.”
“FTS has a robust safety system and aggressive training, as do most of the applicants. What makes them the winner in my view is the attention paid to innovation that removes the workers from the highest risk areas. The Remote Actuated Manifold and testing of a Remote Activated Valve are important safety innovations that will produce a safer work site, changing the whole dimension of risk from high-pressure operations.”
FTS International – Corporate Overview
FTS International (www.ftsi.com) is one of the largest well completion service companies in North America, with 1.6 million hydraulic horsepower deployed in major U.S. shale basins. Exploration and production companies leverage FTSI’s expertise and pressure pumping, wireline and reservoir optimization technologies to enhance recovery rates from oil and gas wells, primarily in unconventional plays.
FTSI is focused on helping customers improve hydrocarbon recovery in the most effective, economical and environmentally conscious manner by customizing well-specific solutions. The FTSI Corporate Technology Center is the epicenter of the company’s research and development (R&D) activities, where FTSI’s team of experienced scientists and engineers work to provide solutions for the complex puzzles found in diverse shale plays.
Safety is one of FTSI’s core values. Engineering and manufacturing teams are continuously exploring ways to improve safety. One recent innovation is the Remote Actuated Manifold (RAM), which improves safety and control by remotely isolating high pressure pumps. FTSI is very proud of the safety record it has achieved and boasts one of the leading safety records in the well completion industry, currently notably below the industry average of 1.0.
FTSI is a partner in the communities where its employees live and work — charitable giving and community volunteerism are part of the corporate culture.
Midcontinent 2014 Winners
- Award for Drilling Excellence - Scientific Drilling
- Award for Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility - Access Midstream
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Operational - FTS International
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Products - Katch Kan Ltd.
- Award for Excellence in Well Completion - Packers Plus
- Company of the Year - Chaparral Energy
- Construction Company of the Year - Willbros
- Consultancy Company of the Year - Cinco Energy Management Group
- Engineering Company of the Year - Spartan Engineering
- Future Industry Leader - Josh Kaylor - Waste Management, Inc.
- General Industry Service Award - Prometheus Energy
- Industry Leader - William F. (Bill) Ward - Superior Pipeline Company
- Industry Supplier of the Year - Well Checked Systems International
- Kenworth Trucks Trucking Company of the Year - Hearn Trucking, LLC
- Manufacturer of the Year - ABB
- Midstream Company of the Year - EnLink Midstream
- New Technology Development of the Year - General/Products - Energy Recovery, Inc.
- Oilfield Services Company of the Year - Halliburton
- The Oil & Gas Financial Journal Transaction of the Year - Breitburn Energy Partners L.P.
- VZ Environmental Award for Excellence in Environmental Stewardship - Scott Environmental Services, Inc.
- Water Management Company of the Year - Rockwater Energy Solutions