E&P Company of the Year, Midcontinent 2013
Awarded to: Continental Resources
Oil & Gas Awards Judges Comments
“Strong visionary leadership in O&G industry that has led to several innovations leading to paradigm shift in where to find oil. Strong commitment to HSE and CSR.”
“During its enormous growth, the company has continued to make generous donations to education, the arts, The United Way, and various other charitable endeavors and was featured in Oil & Gas Financial Journal’s Beyond the Well column for helping to bring a proactive health movement to Oklahoma City youth.”
Continental Resources – Corporate Overview
Continental Resources (NYSE: CLR) is a Top 10 independent oil producer in the United States. Based in Oklahoma City, Continental is the largest leaseholder and producer in the nation’s premier oil field, the Bakken play of North Dakota and Montana. The company also has significant positions in Oklahoma, including its recently discovered SCOOP play and the Northwest Cana play. With a focus on the exploration and production of oil, Continental is on a mission to unlock the technology and resources vital to American energy independence. In 2013, the company will celebrate 46 years of operation. For more information, please visit www.CLR.com.
Midcontinent 2013 Winners
- Drilling Company of the Year - Precision Drilling Corporation
- E&P Company of the Year - Continental Resources
- Engineering Company of the Year - Willbros Group, Inc.
- Environmental Initiative of the Year - Preferred Sands
- Future Industry Leader - Michael Sloan - Canyon Oilfield Services
- General Industry Service Award - Best Well Services, LLC
- Health & Safety Initiative of the Year - Honeywell
- Industry Leader - J. Mike Stice - CEO, Access Midstream
- Industry Supplier of the Year - Light Tower Rentals, Inc.
- Manufacturer of the Year - Emerson Process Managements' Remote Automation Solutions
- Midstream Company of the Year - PVR Partners, L.P.
- Oil & Gas Financial Journal Transaction of the Year - Midstates Petroleum Company, Inc.
- Recruitment Agency of the Year - Progressive GE
- Risk Management Provider of the Year - Arthur J. Gallagher Risk Management Services, Inc.
- Trucking Company of the Year - Hearn Trucking, LLC
- Water Management Company of the Year - Fidelity National Environmental Solutions
- Well Completion Company of the Year - C&J Energy Services