Future Industry Leader, Midcontinent 2013
Awarded to: Michael Sloan - Canyon Oilfield Services
Oil & Gas Awards Judges Comments
“A person focused on service to the oil & gas industry and using his strong faith in God to do the right things for the people who work for him.”
“Prosperity in the United States was built on manufacturing. Each year we are becoming less manufacturing oriented and a little more information oriented. When we can, we must celebrate those individuals willing to take risks and whose efforts result in tangible goods. Michael Sloan appears to be one of those individuals upon which the country was built. At the age of 21, not unlike Oklahoma’s self-made billionaire Harold Hamm, he started a company specializing in water hauling. A little over a decade later, his company has grown to 28 trucks and 93 employees engaged in multiple oilfield operations. What a story!”
Michael Sloan – Canyon Oilfield Services
Canyon Oilfield Services is currently based out of Elk City, Oklahoma, and offers vacuum truck services, roustabout, contract pumping, and meter tech services to suit the needs of our clients.
With satellite yards in Sayre and Stillwater, Oklahoma, our service area covers much of Western, Central, and Northern Oklahoma, as well as the Oklahoma and Texas Panhandles.
At Canyon, we have availability of 1 and 2 ton trucks and trailers, Dump Trucks, Bucket Trucks/Boom Truck, Graders, Backhoes, Tractors, Bob Cats, Dozers, Ditch Witch with attachments, Poly Welder, Steamers, Portable Power Washers and Painters, Man Lifts, Tillers, Chainsaws, Hydro-vac., Enviro Clean products and many more.
In addition we can provide Vacuum & Gear Pumps, Lease Water Hauling, Brine Water, KCL, Fresh Water, and the availability of Canyon’s own Salt Water Disposal system. From lease water hauling, to transfers or pulling bottoms. The needs of our clients is our top priority, that is why we live by the motto, “The Key Word in Canyon Oilfield Services is the SERVICE!”
Midcontinent 2013 Winners
- Drilling Company of the Year - Precision Drilling Corporation
- E&P Company of the Year - Continental Resources
- Engineering Company of the Year - Willbros Group, Inc.
- Environmental Initiative of the Year - Preferred Sands
- Future Industry Leader - Michael Sloan - Canyon Oilfield Services
- General Industry Service Award - Best Well Services, LLC
- Health & Safety Initiative of the Year - Honeywell
- Industry Leader - J. Mike Stice - CEO, Access Midstream
- Industry Supplier of the Year - Light Tower Rentals, Inc.
- Manufacturer of the Year - Emerson Process Managements' Remote Automation Solutions
- Midstream Company of the Year - PVR Partners, L.P.
- Oil & Gas Financial Journal Transaction of the Year - Midstates Petroleum Company, Inc.
- Recruitment Agency of the Year - Progressive GE
- Risk Management Provider of the Year - Arthur J. Gallagher Risk Management Services, Inc.
- Trucking Company of the Year - Hearn Trucking, LLC
- Water Management Company of the Year - Fidelity National Environmental Solutions
- Well Completion Company of the Year - C&J Energy Services