The Progressive Energy & Natural Resources Industry Leader, Gulf Coast 2013
Awarded to: Larry O'Donnell - Rockwater Energy Solutions
Oil & Gas Awards Judges Comments
“Extremely successful entrepreneur who transitioned from big company to start up. Difficult tasks have been accomplished and it sounds like an enviable culture he has established.”
Larry O’Donnell – Rockwater Energy Solutions – Professional Overview
Mr. Larry O’Donnell has served as the Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of Rockwater Energy Solutions, Inc. since its formation in 2011.
In 2000, he was recruited to help lead the turnaround of Waste Management, Inc., the leading waste, recycling, renewable energy, and environmental services firm in North America. He served as the President and Chief Operating Officer of Waste Management from 2004 to 2010. In 2013, he was recognized by Ernst and Young as Entrepreneur of the Year in the Energy Services category for the Gulf Coast Area. Mr. O’Donnell’s first order of business after creating Rockwater in June of 2011 was to establish a set of core values that would articulate the culture desired at the new company. At Rockwater, the word “RISE” stands for Respect, Integrity, Safety, and Excellence – these values inspire the high standards expected of the Rockwater team.
Under the leadership of Mr. O’Donnell, Rockwater is pioneering this new industry concept of a complete solution for oilfield water management with the chemical expertise to help customers increase production, reduce costs, and reduce their environmental footprint.
In 2013, Rockwater employees took part in the Top Workplaces survey conducted to identify the top companies to work for in the U.S. As a result of high marks given by employees, Rockwater was named a 2013 Top Workplace, listed 10th on the list of midsized companies, and the youngest company represented on the list. Mr O’Donnell was also recognized with a special leadership award for his role in building a Top Workplace, reinforced by the comments left by employees during the survey.
Gulf Coast 2013 Winners
- Award for Drilling Excellence - Orion Drilling
- Award for Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility - Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
- Award for Excellence in Environmental Stewardship by a Service Provider - Green Energy Oilfield Services, LLC
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Products - Newpark Mats & Integrated Services
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety Operational - Dresser-Rand
- Bulk Trucking Company of the Year - Sun Coast Resources, Inc.
- Consultancy of the Year - Total Safety
- E&P Company of the Year - Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
- Engineering Company of the Year - Gulf Interstate Engineering
- General Industry Service Award - Eagleford Shale Housing
- Heavy Haul Trucking Company of the Year - Dupré Logistics, LLC
- Industry Supplier of the Year - Supreme Services
- Law Firm of the Year - Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Manufacturer of the Year - HexArmor
- New Technology Development of the Year - General/Products - Select Energy Services
- Recruitment Agency of the Year - The Global Edge Consultants
- Risk Management Provider of the Year - Arthur J. Gallagher Risk Management Services
- Specialty Industry Supplier of the Year - Preferred Technology
- The Oil and Gas Financial Journal Transaction of the Year - Over $1billion - Crestwood Midstream Partners LP
- The Oil and Gas Financial Journal Transaction of the Year - Under $1billion - Contango Oil & Gas Company
- The Preferred Technology Award for Excellence in Well Completion - C&J Energy Services
- The Progressive Energy & Natural Resources Industry Leader - Larry O'Donnell - Rockwater Energy Solutions
- The Progressive Global Energy & Natural Resources Future Industry Leader - Stephen Morgan - TransTex Hunter, LLC
- Water Management Company of the Year - Rockwater Energy Solutions