Bulk Trucking Company of the Year, Gulf Coast 2013
Awarded to: Sun Coast Resources, Inc.
Oil & Gas Awards Judges Comments
“Commitment to timely delivery of material is impressive.”
“Shows the possible success for women in a minority owned business that is not dependent on government. In seeing their trucks on the road, I have always noticed how clean they are, truly shows company pride.”
Sun Coast Resources, Inc. – Corporate Overview
Sun Coast Resources, Inc., is the largest woman owned business in Texas. The Company was founded by Kathy Lehne in 1985, with an investment of $2,000 and a dream. Since then, Sun Coast’s annual revenues have grown to nearly $2 billion thanks to the vision and commitment of Kathy, coupled with sensational customer focus from Sun Coast’s other 1,800 professionals.
Sun Coast markets quality petroleum products & lubricants on a wholesale basis to thousands of commercial, retail, and government entities, and offers a nationally recognized emergency response fuel program, fuel, specialty chemical and crude oil transportation services, used oil pick up, oil filtration and purification, and numerous other related products and services throughout 40 states. The Company’s modern delivery fleet of approximately 1,000 units operates around the clock every day of the year providing the fuels and services that companies desperately need to keep them up and running. Sun Coast has 17 office, warehouse and bulk plant facilities, conveniently located in high demand areas in Texas, Louisiana and Oklahoma, to better serve its growing and complex customer base. Sun Coast has become the “go to” company for so many operations who are a critical link in keeping America’s economy on track. Simply stated: Sun Coast delivers!
Gulf Coast 2013 Winners
- Award for Drilling Excellence - Orion Drilling
- Award for Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility - Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
- Award for Excellence in Environmental Stewardship by a Service Provider - Green Energy Oilfield Services, LLC
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Products - Newpark Mats & Integrated Services
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety Operational - Dresser-Rand
- Bulk Trucking Company of the Year - Sun Coast Resources, Inc.
- Consultancy of the Year - Total Safety
- E&P Company of the Year - Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
- Engineering Company of the Year - Gulf Interstate Engineering
- General Industry Service Award - Eagleford Shale Housing
- Heavy Haul Trucking Company of the Year - Dupré Logistics, LLC
- Industry Supplier of the Year - Supreme Services
- Law Firm of the Year - Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Manufacturer of the Year - HexArmor
- New Technology Development of the Year - General/Products - Select Energy Services
- Recruitment Agency of the Year - The Global Edge Consultants
- Risk Management Provider of the Year - Arthur J. Gallagher Risk Management Services
- Specialty Industry Supplier of the Year - Preferred Technology
- The Oil and Gas Financial Journal Transaction of the Year - Over $1billion - Crestwood Midstream Partners LP
- The Oil and Gas Financial Journal Transaction of the Year - Under $1billion - Contango Oil & Gas Company
- The Preferred Technology Award for Excellence in Well Completion - C&J Energy Services
- The Progressive Energy & Natural Resources Industry Leader - Larry O'Donnell - Rockwater Energy Solutions
- The Progressive Global Energy & Natural Resources Future Industry Leader - Stephen Morgan - TransTex Hunter, LLC
- Water Management Company of the Year - Rockwater Energy Solutions