VZ Environmental Award for Excellence in Environmental Stewardship, Canada 2015
Awarded to: McMillan-McGee Corp
“Huge volumes of contaminated soils exist that need to be treated. Faster more effective means of treatment. Lower costs so more contaminated soil might be reclaimed.”
“When considering this category I felt that McMillan-McGee showed true innovation in tackling environmental remediation issues. To be able to employ a technology that would in essence separate contaminants from soil which could be collected and removed rather than stripping areas of their natural soils and backfilling is quite progressive. Anyone that has had experience in an environmental clean up will recognize that finding suitable soil to backfill can be a huge challenge and if one could use a technology to clean the soil that is there rather than dumping it somewhere else is truly a technological advancement for the oil and gas industry.”
McMillan-McGee Corp – Corporate Overview
McMillan-McGee Corp. is a full-service, client-focused company providing advanced engineering solutions to our clients in their management of environmental challenges. We are the creators of the patented “Electro-Thermal Dynamic Stripping Process”, ET-DSPTM.
￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼The Electro-Thermal Dynamic Stripping Process is our in-situ thermal remediation technology for cleaning contaminated sites. ET-DSPTM uses readily available three phase electrical power to heat the subsurface with electrodes. Electrodes are placed at various depths and locations optimized to the unique dimensions of a site. Electrical current to each electrode is controlled continuously by computer resulting in uniform heating of the target contamination zone. McMillan-McGee began business in 1995 with Bruce McGee’s work in applied electro-magnetics and petroleum reservoir engineering. With our first project in 1996, in Turtle Bayou, Texas, and extensive research and development during doctoral studies at the University of Alberta as well as Lawrence Livermore Labs (UC Berkeley), we continued to grow successfully working on remediation projects in Canada and the US, gaining a global reputation of providing a powerful and effective remediation technology. Throughout 1997 to now , Mc2 grew dramatically, cinching the technology patent (US and Canada) for the Electro-Thermal Dynamic Stripping Process (ET-DSPTM), and increasing its revenues, successful projects, and client base. Today, the Mc2 team is 50 members strong providing successful solutions and cleanups to our clients in Canada, America, Europe and Asia.
Canada 2015 Winners
- Award for Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility - Maxxam Analytics
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Operational - IPAC Services Corporation
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Products - Aware360
- Construction Company of the Year - IPAC Services Corporation
- Consultancy of the Year - Big Guns Energy Services (BGES)
- Engineering Company of the Year - UniversalPegasus International
- Future Industry Leader Award - James Armstrong - Nexen Energy ULC
- General Industry Service Award - CEDA
- Industry Leader - Quinn Holtby - Katch Kan Ltd.
- Industry Supplier of the Year - Britespan Building Systems, Inc.
- Kerr Pumps and FlowValve Award for Excellence in Well Completion - Calfrac Well Services
- Manufacturer of the Year - Tenaris
- New Technology Development Award - Product - Blue Spark Energy Inc.
- New Technology Development of the Year - Software - Enersight
- Oilfield Services Company of the Year - Katch Kan Ltd.
- Risk Management Company of the Year - Gallagher Energy Risk Services
- The Oil & Gas Financial Journal Transaction of the Year - Repsol
- Themark Corporation E&P Company of the Year - Seven Generations Energy Ltd.
- Trucking Company of the Year - Presented by Kenworth - PVT Performance Vac & Tank Services Ltd.
- VZ Environmental Award for Excellence in Environmental Stewardship - McMillan-McGee Corp
- Water Management Company of the Year - Integrated Sustainability
- Workforce Housing Provider of the Year - Redrock Camps