New Technology Development Award - Product, Canada 2015
Awarded to: Blue Spark Energy Inc.
“Very innovative stimulation technology with broad applications. Reduces chemicals and explosives used in wells. Does not change rock formations. Applied to over 250 wells in 6 countries with good results.”
“Impressive new and clean technology using simple physics and not requiring additional explosives, propellants or fluids. Initial field testing of prototype completed in Canada. Five solid case studies showing decent results for a small investment. I see the need to apply this technology for lots of wells in Western Canada.”
Blue Spark Energy Inc. – Corporate Overview
Established in 2011, Blue Spark Energy is a privately-held oilfield services company based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
Blue Spark Energy’s WIRELINE APPLIED STIMULATION PULSING (WASP®) technology provides an innovative, efficient, low cost, low risk oil and gas well stimulation method that dramatically increases productivity with less impact on the environment. The WASP® technology converts, compresses and discharges electrical energy as usable high-power hydraulic pulses to improve connectivity between the well bore and reservoir, with an average improvement of more than 200%. Blue Spark Energy’s WASP® technology is proven to enhance oil and gas flow in new or poorly producing wells, recover reserves from non-producing wells, and increase flow in injector and disposal wells.
Canada 2015 Winners
- Award for Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility - Maxxam Analytics
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Operational - IPAC Services Corporation
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Products - Aware360
- Construction Company of the Year - IPAC Services Corporation
- Consultancy of the Year - Big Guns Energy Services (BGES)
- Engineering Company of the Year - UniversalPegasus International
- Future Industry Leader Award - James Armstrong - Nexen Energy ULC
- General Industry Service Award - CEDA
- Industry Leader - Quinn Holtby - Katch Kan Ltd.
- Industry Supplier of the Year - Britespan Building Systems, Inc.
- Kerr Pumps and FlowValve Award for Excellence in Well Completion - Calfrac Well Services
- Manufacturer of the Year - Tenaris
- New Technology Development Award - Product - Blue Spark Energy Inc.
- New Technology Development of the Year - Software - Enersight
- Oilfield Services Company of the Year - Katch Kan Ltd.
- Risk Management Company of the Year - Gallagher Energy Risk Services
- The Oil & Gas Financial Journal Transaction of the Year - Repsol
- Themark Corporation E&P Company of the Year - Seven Generations Energy Ltd.
- Trucking Company of the Year - Presented by Kenworth - PVT Performance Vac & Tank Services Ltd.
- VZ Environmental Award for Excellence in Environmental Stewardship - McMillan-McGee Corp
- Water Management Company of the Year - Integrated Sustainability
- Workforce Housing Provider of the Year - Redrock Camps