Industry Leader, Canada 2015
Awarded to: Quinn Holtby - Katch Kan Ltd.
The founder of Katch Kan observed a deficiency that created an unsafe work environment and he worked to resolve that issue. Katch Kan has been engineered from an idea and carried through to fruition in an industry that hasn’t always been open to change. Katch Kan is used around the world in 60 different countries. The value is proven and well adopted. The reason for the service center around two critical items for the Canadian oil and Gas industry – safety and environmental stewardship.
Katch Kan emerged in 1994 in response to the environmental challenges in the energy sector, its Rig Safety System(RSSTM) and Zero Spill System (ZSSTM) assist sustainable development by protecting and preserving the land, water and personnel in the oil and gas industry. These innovative systems work together to optimize the health and safety of those involved in upstream oil and gas projects, while minimizing pollution and maximizing operational results. Katch KanTM systems enable oil and gas exploration to occur in a proactive and eco-efficient manner. By using our systems, Operators and Contractors can turn any drilling or work-over rig into a zero spill environment, and minimize the waste of expensive drilling fluids, resulting in a cleaner, a safer and more productive working environment. Katch Kan builds these systems under ISO 9001 and 14001management systems and operates a full service field operation in Canada under COR guidelines. Katch Kan is a global leader in reducing environmental footprint and operational safety in the oil and gas drilling industry with 90% presence in the Canadian Market and this innovative technology has been adopted in over 60 countries worldwide.
Canada 2015 Winners
- Award for Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility - Maxxam Analytics
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Operational - IPAC Services Corporation
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Products - Aware360
- Construction Company of the Year - IPAC Services Corporation
- Consultancy of the Year - Big Guns Energy Services (BGES)
- Engineering Company of the Year - UniversalPegasus International
- Future Industry Leader Award - James Armstrong - Nexen Energy ULC
- General Industry Service Award - CEDA
- Industry Leader - Quinn Holtby - Katch Kan Ltd.
- Industry Supplier of the Year - Britespan Building Systems, Inc.
- Kerr Pumps and FlowValve Award for Excellence in Well Completion - Calfrac Well Services
- Manufacturer of the Year - Tenaris
- New Technology Development Award - Product - Blue Spark Energy Inc.
- New Technology Development of the Year - Software - Enersight
- Oilfield Services Company of the Year - Katch Kan Ltd.
- Risk Management Company of the Year - Gallagher Energy Risk Services
- The Oil & Gas Financial Journal Transaction of the Year - Repsol
- Themark Corporation E&P Company of the Year - Seven Generations Energy Ltd.
- Trucking Company of the Year - Presented by Kenworth - PVT Performance Vac & Tank Services Ltd.
- VZ Environmental Award for Excellence in Environmental Stewardship - McMillan-McGee Corp
- Water Management Company of the Year - Integrated Sustainability
- Workforce Housing Provider of the Year - Redrock Camps