Award for Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility, Canada 2015
Awarded to: Maxxam Analytics
“Good focus, strong involvement and good commitment to the “social responsibility” fabric of where they work and the people they employ.”
“Maxxam has established an enviable position as an industry leader in the field of Corporate Social Responsibility. They
had established guiding principles for corporate governance, respect for the environment, contributions for the communities, while creating opportunities for their employees, which guides the way they do business. Maxxam is a steward of the environment participating in composting, recycling and car- pooling to name a few. They are constantly coming up with safer and more efficient ways for waste disposal of toxic metals and reductions in acid rinse usage, all designed to lower their environmental footprint.””
Maxxam Analytics – Corporate Overview
Maxxam Analytics is Canada’s largest independent analytical laboratory services company, with expertise in environmental laboratory services, petroleum services, food safety and sciences, pharmaceutical, forensic and DNA services. Maxxam employs over 2,500 people at 50 laboratories, depots and service centres across Canada. Maxxam is owned by Bureau Veritas, a world leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification services. Bureau Veritas delivers high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
Maxxam creates value for oil and gas customers by delivering the most comprehensive range of analytical services that address their key business objectives – from productivity to regulatory compliance. Customers leverage Maxxam’s technical expertise to optimize their operational processes and to design customized solutions that serve the emerging needs of the industry. Maxxam’s Petroleum Services group provides accurate and timely analytical testing services in support of conventional oil and gas developments, oils sands mining and SAGD operations, crude oil upgrading and refining sectors.
After 40+ years of direct analytical involvement within the industry and significant investments in infrastructure, people and technology, Maxxam has created best-in-class laboratory environments.
Canada 2015 Winners
- Award for Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility - Maxxam Analytics
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Operational - IPAC Services Corporation
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Products - Aware360
- Construction Company of the Year - IPAC Services Corporation
- Consultancy of the Year - Big Guns Energy Services (BGES)
- Engineering Company of the Year - UniversalPegasus International
- Future Industry Leader Award - James Armstrong - Nexen Energy ULC
- General Industry Service Award - CEDA
- Industry Leader - Quinn Holtby - Katch Kan Ltd.
- Industry Supplier of the Year - Britespan Building Systems, Inc.
- Kerr Pumps and FlowValve Award for Excellence in Well Completion - Calfrac Well Services
- Manufacturer of the Year - Tenaris
- New Technology Development Award - Product - Blue Spark Energy Inc.
- New Technology Development of the Year - Software - Enersight
- Oilfield Services Company of the Year - Katch Kan Ltd.
- Risk Management Company of the Year - Gallagher Energy Risk Services
- The Oil & Gas Financial Journal Transaction of the Year - Repsol
- Themark Corporation E&P Company of the Year - Seven Generations Energy Ltd.
- Trucking Company of the Year - Presented by Kenworth - PVT Performance Vac & Tank Services Ltd.
- VZ Environmental Award for Excellence in Environmental Stewardship - McMillan-McGee Corp
- Water Management Company of the Year - Integrated Sustainability
- Workforce Housing Provider of the Year - Redrock Camps