Future Industry Leader, Rocky Mountain 2019
Awarded to: Nick Borrego - Kinder Morgan
“Nick has shown his intention to succeed from the moment he completed his bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering from Wyoming. Selected into the William leadership professional development program completing a 3 year rotation program giving him a very comprehensive education. Next challenge was to step up into a role at Kinder Morgan which has given him experience in all the Rockies Oil fields. What also really stood out was Nick involvement in the industry outside of the office and now being selected into the Kinder Morgan leadership development program.”
Kinder Morgan is one of the largest energy infrastructure companies in North America. We own an interest in or operate approximately 84,000 miles of pipelines and 157 terminals. Our pipelines transport natural gas, gasoline, crude oil, carbon dioxide (CO2) and more. Our terminals store and handle petroleum products, chemicals and other products.
The revolutionary shale plays across the United States are creating a tremendous need for more energy infrastructure, which bodes well for us. We invest billions of dollars each year to grow the company by building new and expanding existing assets to help ensure that a variety of energy products get delivered into the marketplace.
In most of our businesses we operate like a giant toll road and receive a fee for our services, generally avoiding commodity price risk. Our customers include major oil companies, energy producers and shippers, local distribution companies and businesses across many industries.
Kinder Morgan is committed to being a good corporate citizen and conducting ourselves in an ethical and responsible manner. We spend hundreds of millions of dollars each year on integrity management and maintenance programs to operate our assets safely and to protect the public, our employees, contractors and the environment. Operationally, we continue to perform
better than our industry peers relative to environmental, health and safety measures.
Rocky Mountain 2019 Winners
- Award for Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility - Colorado Oil & Gas Association
- Award for Excellence in Environmental Stewardship - HESS Corporation
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Blackeagle Energy Services
- Construction Company of the Year - Jomax Construction Co., Inc.
- E&P Company of the Year - Extracton Oil & Gas
- Engineering Company of the Year - Samuel Engineering
- Future Industry Leader - Nick Borrego - Kinder Morgan
- Manufacturer of the Year - Well Master
- Midstream Company of the Year - DCP Midstream
- New Technology Development of the Year - Rig CallOut
- Oilfield Services Company of the Year - Pegasus Optimization Managers, LLC
- Recruitment Agency of the Year - ENSCICON Corporation
- Trucking Company of the Year - ENTREC