Award for Excellence in Environmental Stewardship, Rocky Mountain 2019
Awarded to: HESS Corporation
“Their LDAR program has enabled Hess to remove the equivalent of 5800 cars from the road in North Dakota alone, this is an exceptional achievement.”
“Their usage of freshwater has halved since 2017, this is an extremely good gauge as to how serious they take their responsibility to the environment.”
Hess has earned a reputation for top-quartile performance in unconventional oil and gas production in the U.S. Our Onshore team is recognized as an industry-leading operator in two key U.S. shale plays — the North Dakota Bakken and Three Forks formations, where we produce shale oil and gas, and the Ohio Utica Basin, where we primarily produce natural gas and natural gas liquids (NGLs). The culture in our Onshore operations is driven by Lean manufacturing principles and the search for continual improvement and efficiency.
With its industry-leading acreage position, Hess’ Bakken operations in North Dakota are competitive with the best shale-oil plays in the world. Through the application of Lean manufacturing techniques, our wells continue to be among the lowest cost and most productive in the Bakken. We have more drilling spacing units in the core of the play than any other operators and our initial production rates continue to increase as we have increased our standard well design to a 50-stage completion from the previous 35-stage completion. We have also successfully tested tighter well spacing which has allowed us to increase our net estimated ultimate recovery from the Bakken to 1.6 billion barrels of oil equivalent from our previous estimate of 1.4 billion barrels of oil equivalent.
Rocky Mountain 2019 Winners
- Award for Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility - Colorado Oil & Gas Association
- Award for Excellence in Environmental Stewardship - HESS Corporation
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Blackeagle Energy Services
- Construction Company of the Year - Jomax Construction Co., Inc.
- E&P Company of the Year - Extracton Oil & Gas
- Engineering Company of the Year - Samuel Engineering
- Future Industry Leader - Nick Borrego - Kinder Morgan
- Manufacturer of the Year - Well Master
- Midstream Company of the Year - DCP Midstream
- New Technology Development of the Year - Rig CallOut
- Oilfield Services Company of the Year - Pegasus Optimization Managers, LLC
- Recruitment Agency of the Year - ENSCICON Corporation
- Trucking Company of the Year - ENTREC