Award for Excellence in Health & Safety, Gulf Coast 2018
Awarded to: NuStar Energy L.P.
“TNuStar has developed practices, policies, and management systems which have delivered solid results in improved HSE performance. This company has invested time, money, and effort into safety systems and equipment, as well. I believe this submission represents the most comprehensive and thorough safety approach of any of the submissions for this category.”
NuStar Energy L.P., a publicly traded master limited partnership based in San Antonio, is one of the largest independent liquids terminal and pipeline operators in the nation. NuStar currently has more than 9,300 miles of pipeline and 81 terminal and storage facilities that store and distribute crude oil, refined products and specialty liquids. The partnership’s combined system has more than 96 million barrels of storage capacity and NuStar has operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, the Netherlands, including St. Eustatius in the Caribbean and the United Kingdom.
Since it went public in 2001, NuStar Energy L.P. has grown from 160 employees to around 1,700 today; from $387m in assets to $6.4b; and from $100m in revenues to $1.8b.
Known for its special caring and sharing culture, NuStar has been ranked as one of FORTUNE’s ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ for nine consecutive years and has been lauded for its tremendous commitment to community service. Safety is NuStar’s number-one core value and thanks to NuStar employees’ constant commitment to safety, the company has one of the very best employee safety records in the industry and is an industry leader in environmental stewardship.
Gulf Coast 2018 Winners
- Award for Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility - Cheniere Energy, Inc.
- Award for Excellence in Drilling - Scientific Drilling International
- Award for Excellence in Environmental Stewardship - Evergreen Chemical Solutions
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - NuStar Energy L.P.
- Consultancy of the Year - Smith & Burgess
- Future Industry Leader - Rhett Bennett - Black Mountain
- General Industry Service Award - Texas Star Alliance – Energy Solutions
- Industry Leader - Rick Shock - Atlas Oil Company
- Industry Supplier of the Year - Eagle Pipe, LLC
- Kerr Pumps & FlowValve Award for Excellence in Well Completion - C&J Energy Services
- Manufacturer of the Year - Blackline Safety
- New Technology Development of the Year - Xedia Process Solutions
- Oilfield Service Company of the Year - Line Quest, LLC
- Recruitment Agency of the Year - The Global Edge Consultants
- Trucking Company of the Year - JHJ Hearn Trucking, LLC
- Water Management Company of the Year - Select Energy Services