Industry Leader, Gulf Coast 2018
Awarded to: Rick Shock - Atlas Oil Company
Rick currently serves as the Vice President of FAS and Fleet Services at Atlas Oil Company. Based out of Victoria, Texas, Rick has over 39 years of experience in the oil industry and remains extremely involved in the Texas community, serving on the board of a local nonprofit—C.A.S.T. for Kids.
He came up with the idea for a frac fueling system in 2004 but his idea did not become a reality until early 2015 when he joined the Atlas Oil team. Realizing the potential of a fully automated system, which created a way for workers to stay safe by taking them completely out of the hot zone.
Throughout the entire process, this kept end-users in mind, using the same gauges found in fuel trucks in the Fuel Automation Station. By focusing on creating user-friendly innovations based on what customers need on the job site, which continues to drive the industry forward.
Through his tiresless commitment to safety innovation he has been able to bring his idea to life, disrupting how fuel is delived to frac sites. The safety and operational effeciencies are a game changer for the industry.
Gulf Coast 2018 Winners
- Award for Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility - Cheniere Energy, Inc.
- Award for Excellence in Drilling - Scientific Drilling International
- Award for Excellence in Environmental Stewardship - Evergreen Chemical Solutions
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - NuStar Energy L.P.
- Consultancy of the Year - Smith & Burgess
- Future Industry Leader - Rhett Bennett - Black Mountain
- General Industry Service Award - Texas Star Alliance – Energy Solutions
- Industry Leader - Rick Shock - Atlas Oil Company
- Industry Supplier of the Year - Eagle Pipe, LLC
- Kerr Pumps & FlowValve Award for Excellence in Well Completion - C&J Energy Services
- Manufacturer of the Year - Blackline Safety
- New Technology Development of the Year - Xedia Process Solutions
- Oilfield Service Company of the Year - Line Quest, LLC
- Recruitment Agency of the Year - The Global Edge Consultants
- Trucking Company of the Year - JHJ Hearn Trucking, LLC
- Water Management Company of the Year - Select Energy Services