Gold Sponsor - Northeast - 2018
Eclipse is an independent exploration and production company engaged in the acquisition and development of oil and natural gas properties in the Appalachian Basin. Its business strategy is to create stockholder value by aggressively developing its asset base while generating industry-leading rates of return on our capital.
Eclipse began assembling our acreage position in 2011 based upon an analytical evaluation of the shale properties within the Utica and Point Pleasant formations across Eastern Ohio, and based upon this evaluation, concentrated its acquisition efforts in an area spanning parts of 5 counties that it believes is the most prolific region of the play. This area includes parts of Noble, Guernsey, Monroe, Belmont and Harrison Counties. Eclipse has assembled an acreage position in Eastern Ohio of approximately 112,000 net acres located in what we believe to be the most prolific and economic area of the Utica Shale fairway and approximately 14,000 of these net acres are also prospective for the highly liquids rich area of the Marcellus Shale in Eastern Ohio.
Eclipse has identified approximately 16 years of risked horizontal drilling locations across our acreage, while extending our type curve lateral length to over 13,000 feet and improving our cost per lateral foot. Since entering the play in 2011, Eclipse and its operating partners have commenced drilling over 225 wells in this 5 county area, which it believes to be the core of the Utica Shale play.
- Net production averaged approximately 229 MMcfe/d per day in 2016
- Revenues of $235 million for 2016
- Grew proved reserves to 469 Bcfe as of December 31, 2016, representing 35% year over year growth
- Liquidity of $342 million as of December 31, 2016
- Innovative operational team has revolutionized the cost structure and returns profile of the Utica Shale through its Super Lateral Porgram
- Proven management team with substantial Utica and Appalachian Basin experience