Eclipse Resources Corporation
Silver Sponsor - Northeast - 2015
We are an independent exploration and production company engaged in the acquisition and development of oil and natural gas properties in the Appalachian Basin. Our business strategy is to create stockholder value by aggressively developing our asset base while generating industry-leading rates of return on our capital.
We began assembling our acreage position in 2011 based upon an analytical evaluation of the shale properties within the Utica and Point Pleasant formations across Eastern Ohio, and based upon this evaluation, we concentrated our acquisition efforts in an area spanning parts of 5 counties that we believed would be the most prolific region of the play. This includes parts of Noble, Guernsey, Monroe, Belmont and Harrison Counties. Since entering the play in 2011, we, or our operating partners have commenced drilling 75 gross wells in this 5 county area, which we believe to be the core of the Utica Shale play.
Competitive strengths that we believe will help us to successfully execute our business strategies, including:
- Premier Acreage Positions in the Core of the Utica Shale and the Highly Liquids Rich Area of the Marcellus Shale
- Multi-Year Drilling Inventory
- Expertise and Experience in Unconventional Resource Plays, Particularly the Appalachian Basin
- Secure Processing, Fractionation and Pipeline Takeaway Capacity
- Well Capitalized Balance Sheet with Financial Flexibility
- Proven Management that is Highly Aligned with Stockholders