Gold Sponsor - Gulf Coast - 2013
We have two business models. In the Local business, we hire our equipment to customers who operate it for themselves, although we retain responsibility for servicing and maintenance. In the Power Projects business, we operate as a power producer; we install and operate power plants and our customers pay us for having the generating capacity available, as well as the electricity we deliver to them.
We do all of this on a global basis – we run our business from over 190 service centres and offices, located in more than 45 countries. The solutions we provide range from the very large and complex to the very simple.
Large and complex would include:
- Keeping the lights on in entire countries when their existing grid cannot cope with demand for delivering hundreds of megawatts (MW) of additional power;
- Helping oil refineries to maintain production in hot weather by providing additional cooling and power;
- Designing and providing critical power infrastructure for broadcasting, security and field-of-play lighting for major sporting events such as the Olympic Games and the FIFA World Cup.
Simple would include:
- Providing temperature control in an office building after the air-conditioning has broken down;
- Installing chillers to make ice for temporary skating rinks;
- Providing a generator for a few days to a power utility while it carries out improvements to transmission lines.
Contact us to learn how we can help your business.