New Technology Development of the Year Award, West Coast 2014
Awarded to: Clearsign Combustion Corporation
Oil & Gas Awards Judges Comments
“A very new and unique idea, one that I have never heard of before. It has the possibility of changing not only future designs but it seems to be amenable to retrofitting older combustion-based processes to improve their overall efficiency while reducing harmful combustion products. This is a technology to watch.”
“The company’s ECC system and Duplex burner architecture could, if broadly employed, significantly reduce fuel gas emissions in the oil and gas industry. Almost every oil and gas producing facility requires some type of heat source to separate and treat oil, gas, and water. This means that Clearsign’s technologies have the broadest applicability of any of the technologies described. Further, both the ECC and Duplex burner technologies are relatively simple and can be retrofitted to existing burners in the field, which makes them a standout in this group.”
Clearsign Combustion Corporation – Corporate Overview
ClearSign Combustion Corporation is a leader in emissions control for industrial, commercial and utility markets, offering the only technologies available today that can economically reduce air pollution and meet regulatory standards while also enhancing the performance of combustion systems.
Roughly two-thirds of global energy production can be tied to the combustion of hydrocarbons in the boilers, furnaces, kilns and turbines commonly found in oilfields and refineries. Combined, these systems produce more than 50 quadrillion British thermal units (Btus) of energy annually in the U.S. alone. At the same time, environmental regulatory bodies around the world are imposing increasingly strict limitations on the emissions of air pollutants like nitrogen oxides (NOx), carbon monoxide (CO) and particulate matter (PM).
ClearSign’s Duplex™ Burner Architecture and Electrodynamic Combustion Control™ (ECC™) technologies can be easily and cost-effectively integrated into new or retrofit systems. Working at the flame level, these solutions unlock unprecedented control over flame characteristics like shape, pattern and heat distribution to enable significant emissions reduction while simultaneously increasing fuel efficiency and system throughput. For the first time, environmental compliance has shifted from a cost of doing business, to a profitable endeavor.
West Coast 2014 Winners
- Award for Drilling Excellence - Baker Hughes
- Award for Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility - E&B Natural Resources Management Corporation
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Ensign United States Drilling (California) Inc.
- Construction Company of the Year - EIU of California Inc.
- Consultancy of the Year - Roberts Companies
- E&P Company of the Year - Signal Hill Petroleum
- Engineering Company of the Year - TJ Cross Engineers, Inc.
- Future Industry Leader - Robert Murphy - Chevron
- General Industry Service Award - Tachyus
- Industry Supplier of the Year - Metal Supply, Inc.
- Kenworth Truck Company Oilfield Services Company of the Year - Halliburton
- Manufacturer of the Year - Hawk Industries
- MTS Solutions Industry Leader - Steve Layton - E&B Natural Resources Management Corporation
- New Technology Development of the Year Award - Clearsign Combustion Corporation
- VZ Environmental Award for Excellence in Environmental Stewardship - Preferred Sands
- Water Management Company of the Year - Water Planet Engineering