Water Management Company of the Year, Southwest 2015
Awarded to: MIOX Corporation
“Low cost solution with broad application to resource development.”
“MIOX presented a practical, cost-effective solution for treating produced and flowback water using an adaptation of established technologies utilized in their Mixed Oxidant Solution process. They provided case studies that support the application of the technology. Additionally, the process is much safer to use in the field compared to other processes.”
MIOX Corpoation- Corporate Overview
MIOX provides oil and gas companies with a low-cost alternative for recycling produced and flowback water. The MIOX BlackwaterTM mobile water treatment system uses electrolysis to produce Mixed Oxidant Solution (MOS) in a 9-foot by 40-foot trailer. Delivered sodium chloride liquid brine and city water flow into an electrolytic cell where it is exposed to electricity to create a blend of sodium hypochlorite and hydrogen peroxide.
￼￼This solution eliminates sulfate- reducing bacteria (SRB) and acid- producing bacteria (APB) that can lower production and foul wellbores. In the Fayetteville, the process
has reduced the 10,000,000 SRBs regularly seen to less than <1 colony- forming units of bacteria per milliliter of fluid. Because the technology operates with salt, water and electricity, there are virtually no health, safety, spill, or environmental concerns on site. MIOX replaces toxic and hazardous chemicals like glutaraldehyde and chlorine dioxide with on-site generated Mixed Oxidant Solution which requires just delivered salt, water and electricity. No trucking. No Hazmat. And MIOX costs about 1/10 the price of competitive treatment technologies. MIOX’s Mixed Oxidant Solution is a chemistry used in over 3,000 sites globally, including 1,500 United States municipalities for drinking water treatment.
Southwest 2015 Winners
- Award for Drilling Excellence - Ensign Energy Services
- Award for Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility - Apache Corporation
- Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Operational - Aveda Transportation and Energy Services
- Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Products - TekSolv
- Consultancy of the Year - KJE., Inc.
- Engineering Company of the Year - Landpoint, LLC.
- Future Industry Leader Award - Stephen Cravens - YPE
- General Industry Service Award - Well Master Corporation
- Industry Supplier of the Year - Chemplex Solvay Group
- Manufacturer of the Year - Sand X
- Midstream Company of the Year - Enlink Midstream
- New Technology Development of the Year - Products - Drillform Technical Services LTD.
- New Technology Development of the Year - Software Application - Trimble, Geospatial Division
- Oilfield Services Company of the Year - Frank's International N.V
- The Oil & Gas Financial Journal Transaction of the Year - Encana Corporation
- Themark Corporation E&P Company of the Year - Occidental Petroleum Corporation
- Trucking Company of the Year - Presented by Kenworth - Ryder Systems
- VZ Environmental Award for Excellence in Environmental Stewardship - Houston Advanced Research Center
- Water Management Company of the Year - MIOX Corporation