The Progressive Energy & Natural Resources Industry Leader, Rocky Mountain 2013
Awarded to: Blake Scott - Scott Environmental Services, Inc
Oil & Gas Awards Judges Comments
“Scott has an innovative ability to keep the oil and gas industry environmentally clean. He created a patented technology that recycles, treats, and/or disposes solid drilling waste. Blake demonstrates solid leadership with his vision.”
Blake Scott, Scott Environmental Inc. – Professional Overview
Blake Scott founded Scott Environmental Services, Inc. in 1994 with his father, Bill R. Scott. Blake has dedicated more than 20 years to developing advanced solidification and stabilization techniques and patented technologies that fully treat freshwater and saltwater-based mud and cuttings, as well as oil-based drilled cuttings.
Through his patented technology, contaminated solid drilling waste is now being recycled into environmentally sound and durable roads, drill pads, and a variety of other much-needed structures where exploration and production is taking place within the Rocky Mountain region. Through science, Blake is making a positive difference in solid drilling waste management for oil and gas operators. He is giving them cost-effective and site-specific solutions, reducing their operational footprints and creatively reusing waste material for use in infrastructure improvements such as drilling pads and roads, benefiting both producers and landowners.
Blake is a pioneer in several areas of environmental science, receiving the first state-wide permit in Texas from the Railroad Commission of Texas for treating contaminated waste in mud and drill cuttings. The Wyoming Oil and Gas Conservation Commission (WOGCC) issued a statewide order permitting Scott to utilize its patented Firmus and Duro processes, The North Dakota Industrial Commission (NDIC) issued a statewide order permitting use of the Duro process, has an operating area in Utah and is licensed in New Mexico. Scott was spotlighted for Best Practice Management by the Getches-Wilkinson Center for Natural Resources, Energy and the Environment at the University of Colorado Law School for developing these environmentally responsible onsite technologies and Blake’s approach in managing solid drilling waste is one of the best outcomes according to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Solid Waste Management Hierarchy.
Rocky Mountain 2013 Winners
- Award for Drilling Excellence - Precision Drilling
- Award for Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility - Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
- Award for Excellence in Environmental Stewardship - Preferred Technology
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Operational - Express Energy Services
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Products - VZ Environmental
- Bulk Trucking Company of the Year - Gazelle Transportation, Inc.
- Construction Company of the Year - Loenbro
- E&P Company of the Year - Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
- Engineering Company of the Year - Halker Consulting
- General Industry Service Award - Target Logistics
- Heavy Haul Trucking Company of the Year - JD Field Services Inc.
- Industry Supplier of the Year - Marquis Alliance, a division of SECURE Energy Services
- Law Firm of the Year - Norton Rose Fulbright
- Manufacturer of the Year - KROHNE, Inc.
- New Technology Development of the Year - General/Products - Trican Well Service
- New Technology Development of the Year - Software Application - Enersight
- Oilfield Service Company of the Year - ENSERVCO Corporation
- Recruitment Agency of the Year - RTS CORP
- Specialty Industry Supplier of the Year - Preferred Technology
- The Bilfinger Westcon Midstream Company of the Year - Summit Midstream Partners, LP
- The Oil & Gas Financial Journal Transaction of the Year - Under $1Billion - Kodiak Oil & Gas Corp.
- The Oil and Gas Financial Journal Transaction of the Year - Over $1billion - Denbury Resources, Inc
- The Preferred Technology Award for Excellence in Well Completion - NCS Energy Services, LLC
- The Progressive Energy & Natural Resources Industry Leader - Blake Scott - Scott Environmental Services, Inc
- The Progressive Global Energy & Natural Resources Future Industry Leader - Jacob Eberhart - Canary, LLC
- Water Management Company of the Year - TETRA® Technologies, Inc.