Company of the Year, Midcontinent 2014
Awarded to: Chaparral Energy
Oil & Gas Awards Judges Comments
“Like the little engine that could, it is growing from an independent to a strong force that can compete on many fronts: traditional/conventional oil and gas, application and investment in new technologies, future engagement in resource plays, community outreach with concrete contributions & benefits, satisfied employees and visionary leaders. Metrics are going in the right direction with impressive CAGR.”
“Chaparral’s no-nonsense, direct contributions of its employees’ time and the company’s financial contributions to the communities in which it operates were impressive in their wide variability. In addition, Chaparral broadly supported industry organizations with financial assistance.”
Chaparral Energy – Corporate Overview
Chaparral is a testament to American entrepreneurialism — the freedom to succeed.Our story is one that embodies innovation, resourcefulness, creativity, financial responsibility and loyalty to the communities in which we operate.
Co-founded more than 26 years ago by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Mark Fischer, Chaparral is a privately owned company that has grown to become a major player in the Mid-Continent region, with more than 1 billion barrels of oil equivalent (Boe) and more than 700 employees. And while energy companies are nothing new in Oklahoma, we have set ourselves apart through an entrepreneurial spirit and a determination to explore new avenues for growth.
Midcontinent 2014 Winners
- Award for Drilling Excellence - Scientific Drilling
- Award for Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility - Access Midstream
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Operational - FTS International
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Products - Katch Kan Ltd.
- Award for Excellence in Well Completion - Packers Plus
- Company of the Year - Chaparral Energy
- Construction Company of the Year - Willbros
- Consultancy Company of the Year - Cinco Energy Management Group
- Engineering Company of the Year - Spartan Engineering
- Future Industry Leader - Josh Kaylor - Waste Management, Inc.
- General Industry Service Award - Prometheus Energy
- Industry Leader - William F. (Bill) Ward - Superior Pipeline Company
- Industry Supplier of the Year - Well Checked Systems International
- Kenworth Trucks Trucking Company of the Year - Hearn Trucking, LLC
- Manufacturer of the Year - ABB
- Midstream Company of the Year - EnLink Midstream
- New Technology Development of the Year - General/Products - Energy Recovery, Inc.
- Oilfield Services Company of the Year - Halliburton
- The Oil & Gas Financial Journal Transaction of the Year - Breitburn Energy Partners L.P.
- VZ Environmental Award for Excellence in Environmental Stewardship - Scott Environmental Services, Inc.
- Water Management Company of the Year - Rockwater Energy Solutions